Who We Are
Colonial Disc Golf Club formed in the fall of 1998 shortly after the peninsula’s first disc golf course was installed at Newport News Park. Before that time, many local players would travel out of town or play object golf in local parks. Many of these same players volunteered their time and worked with the Newport News Parks and Recreation department to design and install the course currently at Newport News Park. The club formed shortly after to help maintain the course, run organized events, and promote the growth of disc golf. In 2006, the club worked with York County to design and install a championship level disc course at New Quarter Park. This expanded the responsibilities and opportunities to reach more players in the community. The club continued grow and more events were taking place at both parks. In 2014, work started with the City of Williamsburg on another championship caliber course at Waller Mill Park. In order to be more representative of the region, the club decided to change their name from Newport News Disc Golf Club to Colonial Disc Golf Club. The club is an affiliate club member of the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA). Tournaments are held throughout the year including charitable events, weekly league play, and PDGA sanctioned tournaments. From 1998-2019, the club has hosted over 50 PDGA sanctioned events, over 25 charity tournaments, and drawn thousands in annual attendance to weekly league play.
The purposes of our organization are to:
- Provide and promote a better understanding of Disc Golf.
- Provide an opportunity for Amateur and Novice Disc Golfers to develop their skills and level of play.
- Host professionally run tournaments that allow the Novice and Experienced Disc Golfer to compete in a respectable manner.
- Maintain the disc golf course (performing routine pruning, trimming, limb and trash removal, etc.).
- Promote good fellowship and a free exchange of ideas among all area Disc Golfers.
The Colonial Disc Golf Club Executive Board for 2023 consists of:
|Vice President||Todd Coxe|
|Disc Golf Parks|
|Newport News Park||13560 Jefferson Ave||Newport News, VA 23608|
|New Quarter Park||1000 Lakeshead Dr||Williamsburg, VA 23185|
|Waller Mill Park||901 Airport Rd||Williamsburg, VA 23185|
|Hampton 9||300 Butler Farm Rd||Hampton, VA 23666|